I am posting about my boring life so that we do not let the blog die! I am not watching the big game because I never care about football during the regular season so why pretend to care today? I will be stopping by a party to get some free pizza during halftime. Otherwise, I will be spending time with my new best friend, my philosophy of art textbook.
We have been hit with a tropical heat wave here in chicago with temperatures rising to nearly 35 degrees. This means that I can wear regular shoes instead of boots for once. I'm taking 10 academic credit hours (as opposed to last semesters' 18) so my life is more manageable this semester. I am working towards my senior show which will hang March 18- 28 with a March 26 reception. Once that is over I will be pretty much done for the rest of the semester!
As many of you know, Anders is in Bethlehem, Israel right now. He's there for 2.5 months (until the beginning of April) volunteering at Bethlehem Bible College for Palestinians. He's living on campus and volunteering teaching English and doing some maintenance on the campus. The West Bank has been safe from the Gaza strip violence so that has been fortunate. He's spent a few weeks adjusting but is finally getting the swing of things, he said it's been weird adjusting to a place with so much hatred and tension as a part of everyday life. The bible college has taken a strong position of non-violence which brings a very powerful and uncommon presence to the West Bank. Yesterday he went to Jericho and saw Zaccheus' Sycamore tree!
Sunday, February 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Laura, Be sure to take lots of pictures while your show is hanging. We'll all want to seen your works.
Thanks for the update on Anders. He's in my prayers.
We had temps up to 40 here yesterday!
I admit to watching the last 7 minutes of the SuperBowl. I'm a poser.
My only claim to near-famedom is that I worked with Carol Fitzgerald at Walman Opticians summers of '81 and '82 (mother of Larry Fitzgerald Jr. playing for the Cardinals). Carol's husband Larry had played for the NY Giants....speaking of BEING a giant man.
Carol's father was an optometrist in Chicago.
Post a Comment