Surprise, this blog isn't from one of the Prentices. Joel and I spent all day Saturday at a show choir competition at Belmont University in Nashville. We were getting paid to play in the band for an area high school show choir. The program was classics: Will It Go Round in Circles, September, Dust in the Wind, Best of My Love (girl's song), Takin' Care of Business (guy's song), and a 70s medley to end it. Only two costume changes, nothing super elaborate, just a solid all around act, and they ended up taking 3rd behind two super elaborate and much larger choirs. So they really did well.
Unfortunately, we had to leave at 6:15, and we didn't get back until 4am. We had down time during the day, but I was sick and throwing up, so that wasn't too much fun. It was interesting to get a sense of the show choir world. Lots of super-crazed, high energy kids packed into a hall is insane. That was the main lesson learned. Jeff and Darren, I'm glad you guys aren't totally crazy like that.
Sunday, February 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
My name is Joel
I like having 22 hour days
I like water-skiing
which one doesn't belong?
Welcome to the world of show choir!
Post a Comment