Sorry for my long absence. Things are warming up in TN and I'm finally feeling better after fighting the flu this last week.
I hope you've all been able to check out the podcast, which is linked from Joel's post. You may remember a post I had last semester that had photos from a German cyclist film. Well the university had its film festival this weekend, and Heinrich was 1st place out of five different short films critiqued by a panel of three school faculty. The theme of the festival was "courage." It was exciting to play a part in making this movie. Our roommate, Rocco, was director, producer and editor, and his brother back in NJ wrote the script. Once the script was finished, I did a rough translation of it into German and then sent it back to NJ where some native German speakers fine tuned it. Then, just last weekend, I did the narration, and then Rocco was up super late editing it all in and creating subtitles. The finished product was pretty satisfying. You can watch it here.
In other news, we finally got a sweet couch for the apartment.
Sunday, February 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Amazing! I'm really impressed with your film. Congratulations to all of you involved on winning awards.
Joel, do you answer to "Heinrich" now?
Basically.
Geilste! Fantastisch! von hervorragender Qualität
Loved it, had to see it twice. The story line, the acting, the filming, the narration. It's professional all around. I love the driving in front of Joel scenes. How long did this project take? Who did the story? one of your team? Joel, where did you find that cool leather helmet?
This project probably took 15 hours of filming, maybe 40 hours of editing. I really have no idea. The script was written by Rocco's (our roomate/editor/producer) brother Carmello. Rocco bought the helmet on ebay for $25. Pretty much our only expense. It was the tightest helmet ever. Especially since my hair is so big. I could barely latch it in the last hole. I will never wear that helmet again:)
I've been forwarding the link to my friends...
2/13/09 Dave, Wow - that's amazing. They did a great job - I felt a lot during the film.
Dean
oh nice. comments from Dean? solid.
Post a Comment