Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Cozy


I know that having a fireplace is nothing new for the Prentice/Land family, but it is for me. Since I was young I have dreamed of having a cozy fireplace. We have been in our house for a few years but this is the first winter we are actually using the fireplace and its beautiful! I bought the screen off of craigslist, we are going to paint it brown to match the woodwork. Come to Denver and sit in front of the fire with me.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I don't think you'd have to paint it. I'd be worried about the paint bubbling, burning and melting.

It definately looks "Gemütlich" (German for "cozy.")

Michael said...

Julie, your setup is so SWEET. Always classy, and you know I love the old-school tiles.

Maggie said...

It looks so beautiful mom! I had to look twice before I recognized it as yours and not from a magazine : ) The plastic storage tub gave it away.