Hey gang,
I know I promised you all some pics of the band tour but I didn't take many and several are on my phone and I can't figure out how to put them on here yet. If I do, I will. Anyway, if I could sum up the band trip in one word, it would be probably be: Interesting. From the crappy hotel (which included switching rooms three times before we got a good one, haha), to the driver (who had to make a u-turn into the right lane coming back across the border), to the performances (which went well!), and to the amazing Winnipeg Symphony. It was fun and worth the troubles and definitely memorable. I can go into details about the trip for those of you who want to know more, when we meet at Christmas time.
I have one final this coming week, then the other 5 finals are during finals week (15th-18th). So I should be pretty busy till Christmas break. I can't wait till Christmas rolls around, it shall be glorious!
AKLand
Saturday, December 6, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
sounds like a classy tour. what did the symphony play?
From what i remember, they played beethoven, mozart and rossini or something like that, it was good. I have the program of it back at home, so i can show you or you can look when you get home, i think it's right on my desk in my room. Also, i was meaning to ask you if you have heard of Stewart Goodyear, the guest pianist that played the piano concerto at the symphony? I'm sure you would've liked him, he was quite good.
so they played a concerto? solid. glad you got to see that. i haven't heard of Goodyear though. did he have a good "grip" on the keys? he probably didn't have any "slip"-ups.
not that i heard or saw, cause i totally would've been able to see his mistakes from way up in the balcony, haha. from what i remember, he had a good grip though. can't wait reunite in 8 days, it will be sweet!!
Post a Comment