Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Vote for a hero

A young woman from Bismarck, Anne Mahlum, is in the running to be CNN's Top Hero. She is a runner, and has started a program for homeless people to run with her - to get motivated, to find support and encouragement, as well as get in shape. It's called "Back On Your Feet". As one of the top ten finalists, she has already received $10,000. Her program is growing and expanding, working with job training programs, and now she's in the running for Top Hero and $100,000. Her dad, who is on Tom's basketball team, said that anyone can go to www.cnn.com/heroes and vote for her. There is a story about her at that site, as well as some short videos. A very inspiring story and a worthy young woman.

5 comments:

Edie said...

Thanks for the heads-up, Carol. I'm glad to vote and to read about all those wonderful people.

skibrain said...

Voted. Neat story. Interestingly you can vote for as many as you want....how PC is that?

Julie said...

I voted for her.

Unknown said...

I voted Pro-Homeless Marathoners.

Austin said...

I voted for her 3 times....i feel good about it, haha