Thursday, June 24, 2010

Totem Coloring (Now YOU, at home, can do it too!)



I'm almost done with the carving and now I must decide on colors. I want the family (or anyone who wants to try a color scheme) to try their hand at winning the color contest.

The middle picture can be saved on your computer and opened in "Microsoft Paint." From there, you can easily fill in the white areas. The areas I designated are by no means the only way to separate it. Do what you want and I am EXCITED to get your artsy results.

ps. remember that this totem pole will last for millenia, so choose your hues WISELY!

3 comments:

Dave said...

Nice work with the tools!

Edie said...

See? We do read the blog. Let's keep it a bit restrained - use stain instead of paint.

Darren said...

Here's a cool page about coloring totem poles.

http://www.inquiry.net/outdoor/native/totem/color.htm