Sunday, January 31, 2010

new job + new apartment = not sure yet

It has been a busy week for us. My friend Rox got me a job at a software company called Infor. They do descriptive things like "technology solutions" so I am still waiting to find out what kind of place it is. I have a temporary position doing some kind of data-entry full time. Rox has been working there for a few months, and the report is that it is really boring but it's a job and it pays decent. I think I start later this week, although I will be going in tomorrow to do some paperwork.
I will start working downtown so we decided we needed to be closer and moved back to the city. We're living a few blocks away from North Park, so the same neighborhood we've always lived in, more or less. We found a very spacious 1 bedroom apartment that is only a 3 month sublease. Because I don't know how long my job will last this will be a good option. So we are unpacking all of our wedding gifts for the first time (hooray) and figuring out the ins and outs of a new place. Anders will continue to do some building work for his uncle in addition to working on remodeling part of his grandparents house.

Interesting things so far:
-I think that our kitchen cabinets were put in in the 1950s. They are metal and really funky and the drawers need some WD40.
-We live a block away from a 24-hour Mexican bakery. This means they make fresh bread every hour, and it's 10cents a loaf. mmmmmmmm it smells so good in there.
-Previous owner left her couch for us, it is the ugliest southwestern couch imaginable.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I bet those ceramic pig salt and pepper shakers look great in the new pad.

Michael said...

yeah too bad you gave away that dead chicken.

Edie said...

How about a picture of you two snuggled on that lovely couch?