Monday, October 26, 2009

spooky


It was fun to have Laura and Anders here for the weekend. We learned how to play Settlers of Catan and carved up a few pumpkins. I played my best but was bested by Anders in the board game. Further, I was credited as an underachiever in the pumpkin department - disappointing my fellow carvers.  The seeds were salted roasted and consumed in short order.

10 comments:

Michael said...

Brian, I think the pumpkins look great. Glad to hear the family is getting into Catan. Looks like we'll have some gaming come Christmas.

Carol Land said...

I think Anders likes to teach people how to play that game so he can BEAT them!

Brian Prentice said...

He conveniently shared additional "rules" as we played along. I think it must be part of the Catanian way.

Unknown said...

Settlers of Catan is based on Empire building. That is why it is so hard... just ask any member of the Ming Dynasty... oh wait, THEY'RE DEAD.

moral of the story: play settlers and DIE!

on a more serious note (G# or Ab)

Brian, which pumpkin is yours? I like them all. Esp. "Stitch" (from Lilo and Stitch) on the far right.

Dave said...

nice carving!

Anonymous said...

the lamest pumpkin on the left belongs to the lousy attempts of my dad.
(from left to right: dad, Darren creates an anime pumpkin, Anders and Laura made "carol" from where the wild things are)

Anders says: "Now you know how I feel after having to play scrabble all the time at the cabin"

Michael said...

Darren, I dig the anime. Brian, your pump is my fav (that's right Laura). Anders, in Scrabble we don't add extra rules.

Brian Prentice said...

Has anyone tried playing more than four players by joining two Settlers game boards? Maybe it would be a mess.

Dave said...

I have to say I like Ander's best...from Monsters Inc?

Michael said...

brian, there are expansion packs you can buy