Saturday, April 25, 2009

it is saturday

Dad @ 19
Here is a class project I did from the video Jeff posted in December when my dad looks like Jeff. I took a screenshot of it and then used a drawing technique to transfer oil pastel onto a new sheet of paper (what you see). Kind of looks like a poorly printed poster or something but I thought it was interesting.

I have 2 weeks, count them, 14 days until I graduate on May 9! I am very thrilled to not have to do homework. Summer plans are still TBD but I will be in Minnesota at home for at least the first month. I will also be planning a wedding.

In good news, it was 81 degrees and sunny here in Chicago yesterday!!!! Hooray for summer!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Laura. Looks great. Not to diminish the art but I really love your signature. Will you change it after your wedding? Or are you already too established to make the switch? I picked up a Lee Burr Print at a garage sale this morning. $3. It's about 50" x 27" with the frame.

http://www.leereynoldsart.info/resources/product_manager/product/Burr_Paintings_005_1.jpg

this photo shows the work with a dif. border than the one I have.

Dave said...

Looks to me like it would look 3-D with those red and green glasses, or maybe a secret decoder would reveal something completely different?

Austin said...

Good point Uncle Dave, maybe someone should find some 3-D glasses or maybe take the secret decoder from their cereal box and try to solve the mystery!