Saturday, October 18, 2008

What's everyone doing this weekend?

We need some participation on this family blog!
I'm taking the train to Omaha tonight...my friend bought a car on ebay and asked if I'd help him drive it back. It's a boring drive across Nebraska, but the cool part is he bought a '06 Mazda RX8. Should be a good road trip. (544 mi – about 7 hours 38 mins) I'll post a pic from Nebraska next week.
What's everyone else up to this weekend? -Dave

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool Dave.

Did I ever tell you about the time that I got to drive a Mini Cooper S this summer with my Dad? It was awesome. I don't know if I would ever get one, but they were cool. I'll tell you about it sometime.

ps. I could see myself getting a VW GTI in the near future... maybe.

Dave said...

Wow, That Cooper S is a sweet car. I love the Supercharger whine when it's revving up. The GTI is another awesome car. What yr are you thinking about?

Unknown said...

no idea really. I like the new design that just came out. The 08 GTI was just featured in the October issue of Car and Driver. The article was "The Best Car (new or used) for $25,000." So, maybe in a few years?

skibrain said...

The interactive designer that works for me just bought a black '08 GTI 2 dr. He was hoping to get a 4 dr, but got a better deal on the 2.....

The next generation Rabbit/GTI will be out next fall. Rumored 1.4L gas turbo /2.0 diesel/2.5 gas/2.0 turbo engine options. Subtle but nice improvements on the current design.

Road & Track tests the Mzpd3 against the updated WRX and Chevy Cobalt SS. Chevy wins.
Tough choice for me between the Sub and the VW.