Monday, October 20, 2008

Nebraska RX8



Well, the RX8 has landed and it's an awesome car. We had a great trip aside from the "The midnight train to Omaha" It may be more spacious than flying, but doesn't lend itself to sleeping. 8:30pm - 5:00am. Amtrak seemed like a reasonable option at $67 per person, until we saw the price of gas in Omaha. See Photo ($2.57)

Rotary power and super handling, a few pieces of trim in common with my Mazda3, but not much. Maybe the same steering wheel? What a blast to drive. Too bad there weren't any corners to make between Omaha and Denver!

We had a fun trip jammin out on the Bose sound system to the Doobies: Rockin' Down the Highway: Highway patrol got his eyes on me--I know what he's thinkin and it aint good--I'm movin so fast he can barely see me--Gonna lose that man, I know I should--Gotta kick in my pedal--Make my ford move a little bit faster--Can't stop, and I can't stop--Got to keep on movin or Ill lose my mind--Oh, rockin down the highway

4 comments:

Michael said...

sweet car. it's nice gas is coming down some too. it's around $2.90 here.

Unknown said...

Cool Cool. I've always thought the RX8 was a sweet looking car.

skibrain said...

Zoom. Zoom.

So do you think you could add a Yakima rack and haul lumber in it? Is it time to trade the M3?

Austin said...

Awesome car, it looks like the beginnings of the batmobile before all of its upgrades, like an armor-plated body cover, sentinels(guns) and such, haha, oh..........also, gas around here is about $2.70-2.75, not bad