Saturday, October 18, 2008

Hi.

Hi.

Ummm... well. I'm in my dorm room by myself (my roomate went somewhere over the break.) I've done a lot of thinking this semester due to the fact that my roomate has a girlfriend and other factors as well.

{the following is unorganized thoughts.}

I've mostly been thinking about the college life my parents experienced. I think about the movies that we are making and what my kids (scary, I just shivered) will think of them. I don't really have any footage of Mom and Dad when they were in college. I always felt like my parents were older than I am now when they were in college, but I guess they weren't. So, if I have their genes, then I will probably meet my wife in 2 years or less (another shiver!) I wish I could see you, Dad, playing basketball. I imagine it a lot and I can see you doing a two-handed-reverse-underthehoop-rim-shakin-blastastic-jam. I think of the silly pictures of the facial hair and crazy hairdos of those times... and then I LOOK IN THE MIRROR! Ha ha haa...

now I'm homesick. great. well. I should probably sleep.

I really like this blog idea. I hope that all of our family feels the same way and feels the need to contribute. I already feel closer to Dave now that I can "see how he do" on a regular basis. The blog's power spans the miles. I have a feeling that doing this will make me homesick. That's okay with me. I can deal with the Family Illness.

I love you all. But in order for me to communicate my love, you must read :)
good night moon,
Joely

2 comments:

Dave said...

Joel,

I'd like to see some movies of your parents in those days too! Your post is hillarious. Sorry you're lonely this week. Get out and do some crazy stuff and document it for (gulp) the next generation. This does bring us closer. But in some ways it makes the absence worse? I guess it's the reverse of "out of sight, out of mind"

Anonymous said...

don't feel bad if you don't have a wife in 2 years.