Saturday, October 18, 2008

Fall Break

I've been taking it easy for fall break. I've practiced some, and probably should be practicing more, but sitting around feels good. The main focus of this weekend has been helping my roommate Rocco with his new film projects. Joel and I are involved in both, and Rocco is doing some fine work already. Anticipate the results. The photos are from the German cyclist documentary.


Today we went to the local Apple Festival. Cool name, huh? It sounded totally awesome. We thought we were going to experience all things apple. When we found out you had to pay to get in, we were reluctant, but it turned out we got free passes. Since it cost money to get in, we figured there would be free stuff everywhere. Wrong. It turned out to be lame. Think Folkfest divided by 5.

I went for a bike ride tonight on the new seat Dad sent. My bike needs a tune-up, but I'm reluctant to spend $55 on a tune-up when I only paid $75 for the bike. The ride was good though. There are some great country roads with minimal traffic (see photos). Some interesting sights too. Tonight's highlight: seeing llamas grazing in a fenced area littered with trash next to a trailer home. It's the south!

I hope you all start blogging more. Otherwise I will be reluctant to post.

3 comments:

Dave said...

Michael,

Thanks for your post. I feel closer already. I'm gonna make a stronger push for more participation. I would love to hear from the whole clan on simple things like the Applefest.

skibrain said...

$55 for a tuneup....let's see, just think of the $1,000 you saved by not buying a fancy new bike. It might make the bike, smoother, quieter, faster...

Keep your tires hard and the rpms up.

Austin said...

it looks like Joel could actually pull the biker look off, haha