The celebration started off earlier in the day when I arrived at work to find my desk draped in black crepe paper and a cloud of black balloons floating overhead. You can see that my co-workers dressed in black in honor of the occasion. The young daughter of one of them came later, wearing a black dress, bringing more balloons because she wanted to get in on the party, too! Tom brought more balloons and flowers, we had dessert, and more treats and birthday cards.
After I got home Bella and I went for our usual walk, and then I worked for an hour cleaning up the garden. Just the perfect temperature for working and enjoying the last bit of sunshine on a fall afternoon. It has been a very nice day.
All in all, I would highly recommend turning fifty.
2 comments:
Carol it looks as if you missed the fashion memo, happy birthday!
Hey Mom,
I know what "Torte" means now! It's German for: fancy cake with icing; pie.
Love You
Post a Comment