Saturday, September 27, 2014

7301 Noah Reid Rd

Hello family!

So you probably know that Alyssa and I bought a house in Chattanooga. But, you may not have seen any pictures of it! So, now that we are all settled in and have stuff on the walls we wanted to show you what it looks like.




July 30th or so, was our first official day at "OUR" house! We had an amazing team of people help us move over the course of 3 days. Didn't take long, we probably had 6 vehicles helping us out and never had to rent a U-Haul!



This is our living room during the day. It's right inside the front door (this is the view walking in.)
The hallway to the right goes to the 3 bedrooms and 2 baths.

This is another view of the living room! It's all original hardwood with an area rug cut for the space (from the past owners).

Below is a nook tucked away in the living room (the white door is the front door).
 The door to the downstairs is in-between the kitchen and living room.

This is the main kitchen area. The window on the left faces the front of the house (East) and you can get to this area of the kitchen by going left after entering the front door!
The window on the front here is the kitchen sink window.


































Our kitchen table was $125 at a yard sale, our chairs were $50 on craigslist (for all six, also came with another nice table, and I reupholstered four of them. I'll do the armchairs with a solid fabric soon!). The chairs were on Signal Mountain and I bought them from a dentist or something.


This shows the flow between the kitchen, dining, deck and living room areas...

Our 5ft. patio table was another sweet find ($150) at an Antique store in Ooltewah, TN. Made from treated redwood and custom built in Michigan this one needed a new color, so we took the leftover paint from our front door and painted it (Prentice?) Blue!
Wrap around deck! With grill from Alyssa's Dad. This view reminds me of the lake. We have 23 very mature trees (oaks, maple, pines) on our corner lot. Feels like a cabin!
 Gotta love our custom-built treehouse. (Previous owner is a contractor with three boys under 10 years)
This was the caravan of helpers we had on moving day. You could probably park 25 cars in our backyard (for the big parties). We have a gravel driveway, pictured just above the left-most car and an asphalt driveway on the other side. Makes for easy traffic flow!

I think I need to plant some grass...















Here's the back view of the house (before we moved in!)

Now we put up two of Dave's SkyChairs under our deck. Dave and Grandma were generous and sent these our way to spruce up our outdoor furniture collection. Makes me feel like I'm not far from home (up North) with these at our place. Thank You!Spacious two-car garage with built-in shelving and workspace. The belt-driven garage door opener is a nice, silent feature.

One thing we've had to get used to is entering the house from the garage (down in the basement.) But it works out good with the tile and keeps clutter out of the kitchen... or at least that's the philosophy.
 The owner left the built-in desk in place for us and it has become my music nook. The window gives me a view of the playset outside so I can keep an eye on the children... that we don't have. Or if Alyssa is swinging on the swings!
















And just behind my desk is our spacious laundry room! Alyssa once again has declared the laundry room as her sanctuary and I try to stay out of it. Deeper still is a storage room and water heater.
 Flow shot of the basement. Door to the garage in the middle. TV I found at our apt. dumpster and fixed.

Our cute little guest room! Open to you when you visit. Please do!

A piece of art we bought from a local artist. A Titmouse nest on an oval canvas. A piece I couldn't pass up and it works great in the guest room!
















 Hall/Guest bathroom. Decorated with the stuff that used to be our bathroom at our apt (so we could get new stuff for our master bath :)

Master bedroom! 

The dresser and matching nightstands were given to us by the McCluskeys, a sweet couple in Cleveland, TN (where I went to school). They just married off both of their sons and recently downsized . They learned of our new home and gave us this and a few other furniture pieces. We are so grateful! This is the same family that housed me one summer after my 3rd year at Lee.
 We love our bathroom with tiled, double shower. There's even enough counter space for me to shave and Alyssa to fix her hair at the SAME TIME!

This is Alyssa's office (the 3rd bedroom). A work in progress.
And finally, another shot of the living room all cozy at night. We wish we could give you a real-life tour, but this will have to do until you visit us soon! We love you all and hope to see you in the near future. Call us whenever, we would love to hear from you.

Also, Alyssa and I are currently in job transition as of the last two weeks. Right before we took a vacation to Florida for a long weekend, we were "let go" as managers of the country restaurant we had been working at since we got married. We are not sure why and were deeply shocked when our boss had the meeting with us. BUT GOD, is faithful and he has a plan that far surpasses our dreams and goals for our own lives. We would love for you to believe and pray with us that God will show us which way to go and that we would be able to impact those around us for His kingdom, along the way.

I (Joel) am doing some teaching at a few schools in the area. God gave me the opportunity to teach at Covenant College (Lookout Mountain, Georgia visible from our house) and I am now an adjunct professor, directing the jazz ensemble there. So, He has certainly opened doors that I didn't even search for. I also had the opportunity to help a 5th grader make his first sounds on the saxophone, a week ago. These teaching experiences have been very rewarding and I am excited to do more in music.

Alyssa has been singing quite a bit at our church and I join her quite often on the Wednesday night praise team. She has a part-time gig with "Chattanooga Princess Parties" dressing up and singing for events, parties, even a 5k fun run (She was Rapunzel from "Tangled" (her fav) and I was Jack Sparrow the Pirate). We are excited about the future!


Love,
Joel & Alyssa Land
7301 Noah Reid Rd.
Chattanooga, TN 37421

5 comments:

Carol Land said...

Thanks for sharing, Joel. I can't wait to visit you there!

Rocco Chiara said...

!!! This is amazing stuff! Loving the house and most importantly, that pirate. LOL

The treehouse is very cool and of course, the garage, providing a safe environment for the lawn mower and other power tools! Couldn't be happier for you two. Thanks for sharing!

Dave said...

thanks for sharing pics of your amazing property and a glimpse into your lives. The pirate duo is the best. praying for you guys!

Michael said...

That is the dopest pad. I love the book nook lamp.

Brian Prentice said...

The tree fort is money! I was sold as soon as I saw that. Easily would work as guest accommodations for out of town relatives.