Wednesday, September 21, 2011

New Job. New Apartment

1. Anders and I moved at the beginning of July into our own apartment, wahoo! I keep meaning to take some pictures to show everyone but that would mean I would have to clean up a bit... I decided to just take some quick pictures, threw the dirty underwear in the corner so you can get an idea. You will get a "lived in" feel. We brought some things home from Jamestown that are now working perfectly for us: desk from grandma's sewing room, "chester drawers", Grandma Ruby paintings in bedroom, turquoise tulip chair. I'm going to paint the desk and another sewing table not pictured, any paint color suggestions would be appreciated. We are loving our new place, we have good friends living next door and 3 other families from our church on our block.








2. I started a new job working as a para in a classroom for K-2nd graders with Emotional Behavior Disorders. It has been CHALLENGING! We only have 7 kids, but many of them have highly aggressive behaviors. They are absolutely darling children, but they also bite, kick, hit and swear like sailors! It's been a learning experience, and I daresay it is getting better as the kids are settling in, but after this year I will have the behavior management skills to work just about anywhere. I really like the team of teachers I am working with and feel very supported. I am also SOOO thankful to have a full time job with benefits!

4 comments:

Carol Land said...

Great to see your place! It looks very cool, just perfect for the two of you. I could imagine that dresser being a nice rich yellow. How's that for a bright idea?

Unknown said...

Laura, the place looks fantastic! I would live there. My favorite art is the Ruby special sunsets. Or maybe the 5 vikings by the front door. Hopefully I can make it there someday. As I'm living in Cincinnati, walking around town, I think about when Michael and I spent time at North Park. It's fun to be urban.

Edie said...

Laura, your place looks great! Fun to see those familiar pieces -esp. the tulip chair. Ruby's paintings have never looked better - neat to hang them together. I would second the idea of the desk being yellow. Maybe I'll get inspired to post some pictures

Dave said...

What a cool old house. some of the rooms and floorplan seem very familiar to our house, the old windows and woodwork. Do you know what year it was built? send a photo of the exterior!