Thursday, December 16, 2010

Midwest Customs (not really)







Here are a few pics of my 2006 Toyota Corolla LE (5 speed). I'm very pleased with this car and plan to update the shift knob to something custom. I'm hoping I will be able to carve something from a nice piece of wood and then use a wood burner to inscribe the shifting map.

As you can tell, the rear and back side windows are heavily tinted which gives the car a nice secure feeling. It also changes the driving experience slightly, making you feel like you are in a cockpit rather than a glass box.

The 6-disc CD changer is another sweet feature. Speakers aren't bad either. There are even little speakers at the bottom of the A-pillars (at the top of the front door hinges).

106K miles, one owner (drove mostly highway), and the car looks like it's brand new IN and OUT.


I decided to name my car: "Rambi" after Rambi the Rhinoceros from the Donkey Kong Country video game for Super Nintendo. I'd say the resemblances are stunning. They both say, "Don't mess with me."

2 comments:

Dave said...

Joel, I have to laugh at the awkward silence of responses to this post. Congrats on the car! neither the car nor Rambi says "don't mess with me" but that's the joke I think...
You'll need some more obvious mods than a new shift knob to make a Camry look "don't mess with these wheels"

Dave said...

Sorry, Corolla, not Camry.