Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Skydiving

As most of you know, Michael and I went skydiving on CINCO de MAYO.

Here is a short album of sorts (to appease "doubting" uncle Brian)

This is the main building. The jumpers (staff) would land and then carry their parachutes through the back door and then walk in and start folding their 'chutes. They get $10 to fold the 'chute and $30 to jump out of the plane.


Andrew Moles (Michael's old roomate) and myself after just getting outfitted with our harnesses. We are psyched. And... we played hacky sack to pass the time.

Darren, notice my shirt of choice... "UNLEASH THE BEAST"


Michael and Andrew giving each other a nice sturdy chest bump before the fated jump

Michael and I, trying to look as official as possible.


This was where we all landed. Right next to the main building. We watched the earlier jumpers land only yards away.


This was my wing-man "Frank." Still "hangin' loose" after the jump. In order for an instructor to jump with a person attached (tandem), they must do a minimum of 1,000 solo jumps.


I am not going to try to explain the actual experience on here... talk to me (or Michael) this summer.

ps. We (Brian and I) are going to start a lake-dive tradition where we jump from the rope swing in a full wind-breaker suit with goggles. I was thinking July 4th, during the boat parade. Who's in?

5 comments:

Edie said...

Who has more fun than my family?
I'm the biggest fan and spectator!

Michael said...

thanks joel for posting these pictures! it looks like you had a great time!!!! :)

laura said...

to the lake-dive tradition: what is the purpose of the wind-breaker? or the purpose of the tradition for that matter?

Brian Prentice said...

Traditional sky-diving gear used to include nylon suits in bright colors. To slow you down, speed you up?

Lacking any ACTUAL sky diving photos from Joel and Michael, I suggested belly flops into spiritwood lake would be just as impressive.

Darren said...

good shirt selection