Friday, March 12, 2010

New stairway






My latest home project was to replace our stairway to the basement. We'd remodeled the kitchen at the top of stairs and basement below, but the steps themselves were a sorry sight. And once I had everything ripped up, why not add some beadboard to the walls and a boot nook just inside the door? We also reconfigured the landing from a precarious wedge shaped step to a full landing. Here's some before and after pics. Of course Keegan enjoyed "helping" and we even found some coal under the old stairway.

4 comments:

Edie said...

I love your new stairway! I always thought the old one a bit precarious for Granny. And who is that boy with the long leg?!!

Michael said...

yeah DAVE. I think I saw this in my last issue of Better Homes & Gardens.

Anonymous said...

Looks very nice! Now you have something to put in Julie's stocking this Christmas.

Brian Prentice said...

I like this project a lot. Continued refinement of that great house of yours.