Sunday, September 13, 2009

A DECK AGAINST TIME

There have been a couple of requests for a blog update on the deck. (Thanks for sending the most recent photos Carol).  I found a shot from July 2004 of the old deck before we had completed the retaining wall to the west or before we were really using that as a walking path to the boat dock.  I'll upload a couple batches of photos.




 I did a bit of photo retouching in the last two photos to show how I think the bench will look once all of the posts are cut short, and how the landings might look on the east side when that is completed next summer.






7 comments:

Edie said...

Thanks for the great pictures. I wish summer would be just beginning. but we will enjoy it so much next season. Thanks to all the hard working carpenters (and photographers.

Dave said...

Wow, the before pics really help explain the work that's been done.
Thanks for the post Brian

Darren said...

I like the last pics that were modified via shoppé de photo. And since the new deck, for some reason it looks really funny to have everyone crammed on that small deck.

Michael said...

Thanks Brian. Things look like DOWNTOWN!

Austin said...

That is rock solid!

Michael said...

it needs a name. i suggest: "party pad"

Anonymous said...

tom added new rails/seating along the water which are rad.