
Hello everyone,
I'm finally making my maiden voyage on the blogosphere. I'm so excited about next weekend. I get to go to the lake. There was a garage sale down the hill from us. Carol saw a kayak for sale. I always thought that would be something fun at the lake. When I got there the kayak was sold but they had this sailboard for $40. I asked if there was anything wrong with it. They said no and it included 2 sails so I bought it (after a quick consultation with Brian) but I would have to wait until her husband got home to get the rest because he knew where the keys were. I took the board(a Mistral SST 86 or 87 vintage) home along with the teardrop handles(Don't know the official name). Today I went back and got the sails. He came out with 2 masts and a big pvc tube that he used to store the sails. When we got home we opened it up. There were 4 sails of different sizes. They are in great shape. I'm excited to try it out.
6 comments:
i hope you have a drysuit if you plan on trying it out this weekend.
Amazing! At first I thought it must be Joel writing. I'm glad the dad can get so excited about a new adventure. I'm sure there are some things in the garage that we can get rid of to make room.
Tom, You definitely get the garage sale award of the yr. (possibly even unseating Carolyn's record find of 700' of swing rope for $35) Looks great...and probably 10 yrs newer technology than the BiC. The different size sails are for different wind conditions. Maybe I'll send the photo to my buddy at WhiteBoard who is a windsurfer to ask more about what we're looking at.
...and welcome Tom. Now we just need to get Carolyn trained in.
woo hoo!
Tom, What a sweet package! Looks like the board is nice and long which will help support your size. I've used Mistral sailboards before and they're awesome. i.e. rentals in Mexico and Hawaii. the dagger board kicks down which is handy. the "handles" are refered to as a wishbone boom. Now I'm motivated to get home and show you how da.
Post a Comment