Thursday, January 1, 2009

Prentice Landing Book List

I'm looking for some new books to read and wondering what my family recommends and I will compile a booklist. Hooray!
What was your favorite book of 2008? (you can put pre-2008 books as well)

Laura: The Red House by Sarah Messer

Carolyn: What's So Amazing about Grace? by Phillip Yancey

Jeff: 1984 by George Orwell

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Maggie said...

Water For Elephants (sorry, can't recall the author at this moment)

And I just fell into the Stephanie Plum series By Janet Evanovich- quick, easy and VERY entertaining reads- and there are around 17 of them!
Of course anything by Jodi Picoult.

(sorry, this isn't much of a book list as a favorite list)

Edie said...

Good idea, Laura. I'll add a few.
The Widow of the South - Robt. Hicks
a Civil War story from TN
Out Stealing Horses - Per Petterson
John Dunning mysteries - all about
books - hero has book store in Denver
Whistling Season - Ivan Doig and his
new one, The Eleventh Man\
The Ladies Detective Series - Alex.
McCall Smith
Thunderstruck - Eric Larson
Ear, Pray, Love - Eliz. Berg

Edie said...

More on books. A favorite of 04 was Gilead (I had a copy, but can't find it now). I just received from my friend Catherine (also sent those wonderful ginger cookies) the new book by Marilynne Robinson, "Home".
I'm anxious to start it.

Michael said...

It took me a while to think of it, but "The Poisonwood Bible" by Barbara Kingsolver.

Julie said...

Laura, I am reading "Edgar Sawtelle" right now for my book club (I know, I'm a nerd), and I am loving it,my memory stinks so I have to think about what I have read this past year.

Anonymous said...

I read "The Secret Life of Bees" by Sue Monk Kidd.
Next one I have to read is a thick one titled "Art and Significance", doubt it will make this list.